What is Hair Spa all about?
It is essential to keep your hair spa at home healthy since pollution, inadequate nutrition and stress takes a toll on its beauty, and gloss. Hair Spa is a therapy you can try at home for keeping hair healthy. It helps you get rid of dandruff and hair fall. Hair Spa is the perfect solution for making your hair follicles strong so that hair does not fall out.
Steps to do Hair Spa at Home
Spa means a bath in natural spring water with healing properties. A hair spa at home goes beyond a traditional hot oil massage and provides the hair with extra care and nutrients through different types of packs. Let us look at the five necessary steps of doing hair spa treatment at home.
- Massage oil – The first step of the spa treatment is to give the scalp a workout. This is done by taking tepid warm oil, preferably coconut, and massaging your scalp vigorously. This kneading action promotes the flow of blood to the scalp tissue bringing nutrients to the hair follicles.
- Wrap a hot towel – The next step is to compress the hair with a hot towel. Soak a towel in warm water and squeeze out the extra water. Now tie it around your head as tightly as possible. This heats the oil that you have massaged into your hair and allows it to penetrate inside the scalp.
- Shampoo – Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair. Do not use warm water for shampooing since it hurts the hair.
- Use a conditioner – Following the shampoo, apply a conditioner. There are a variety of conditioners you can prepare at home to spare your hair harsh chemicals. The best one is made from two spoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with honey and little water. Use it on your hair down to the roots but take care not to massage it into the scalp.
- Put on a hair mask – The all essential final step to seal in all the nutrients. Make one at home with a ripe banana, one spoon of honey and two spoons of olive oil. Mix it well and apply it from the roots down to the tips. Let it remain for twenty minutes and shampoo it out.
With this, you have completed a perfect home hair spa treatment. Repeat every few weeks to ensure that your hair stays firm and bouncy.
1. Aloe Vera Hair Spa Treatment For Oily Hair
Create a smooth paste from a quarter cup of aloe vera gel and lemon juice. Use a towel and a pot of warm water to steam your hair. Lean over the bowl of warm water and cover your head with a large towel. The steam will open the pores. After a few minutes apply the aloe vera paste to your hair. Keep it on half an hour and wash it out with a mild herbal shampoo.
2. Olive Oil Hair Spa Treatment
Massage two tablespoons of olive oil into your hair and scalp. Be gentle and smoothly rub it in without any vigorous motion. Steam the hair with the help of a pot of warm water and a towel. Next, soak a towel in warm water and squeeze out any excess. Wrap it around d your head tightly. Wash the olive oil out after 15-20 minutes with a mild shampoo.
3. Hair Spa Treatment With Eggs
In a small bowl whisk the coconut oil and the egg or use a hand blender. With a pot of warm water steam your hair by covering it with a towel. The steam will work its way into the pores of the scalp and open them. Apply the egg and coconut oil mixture to your hair thoroughly. Keep it in for about 30 minutes and rinse with a shampoo.
4. Hair Spa Treatment With Bananas
Mash a couple of ripe yellow bananas and add to it two tablespoons of olive oil. Steam your hair over a pot of warm water. Apply the banana and oil mix to your hair evenly. Let it sit for half an hour and wash hair with a mild shampoo.
5. Milk And Honey Hair Spa Treatment
Add a spoon of honey to a cup of cow’s milk and use a blender to mix it well. Steam your hair over a pot of water and using a towel to cover your head. Gradually massage in the milk and honey mix starting from the tips and slowly working your way to the tips. Let the hair become saturated for about 20 minutes and then use a Shikakai shampoo to wash it.
6. Coconut Cream Hair Spa Treatment
Steam your hair for 10 minutes over a pot of warm water. Massage in gently a half cup of coconut cream. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and wash hair with a herbal shampoo.
7. Strawberry Hair Spa Treatment
Mash a cup of chopped strawberries until it is a smooth paste. Mix with it an egg yolk and a spoon of olive oil until it has a buttery consistency. Steam your hair over a pot of warm water using a towel. Gently rub in the strawberry paste from roots to tips and let it sit for 20 minutes. Shampoo it out and dry your hair.
8. Honey Hair Spa Treatment
Wash your hair using warm water and let the pores open. Dry it with a towel and rub in 3 tablespoons of honey. Wait for about 30 minutes and use a mild shampoo to wash the hair.
9. Cucumber Hair Spa Treatment
Using a blender mix together a small cucumber and 2 spoons of olive oil. Steam the hair using a pot of warm water and towel. Apply the cucumber mix into your hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Egg And Olive Oil hair spa at home Treatment For Dry Hair – Mix together the egg and 2 spoons of olive oil. Add to the mix a spoon of honey. Steam the hair over warm water and covering your head with a towel. Work in the egg, oil and honey paste and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash hair with herbal shampoo.
10. Henna Hair Spa Treatment For Dandruff
Mix well 2 tablespoons each of Henna, Amla, Shikakai and Reetha powder. Steam your hair over a pot of warm water by covering your head with a towel. Massage in the Henna paste and let it work for 30 minutes. Rinse it out with a mild herbal shampoo.
11. Avocado Hair Spa Treatment
De-seed the avocado and grind it to a pulp. Apply it at the roots and work your way to the tips. Steam the hair for about 15 minutes with a large towel and a pot of warm water. Keep the mask on for 30 minutes and wash off the avocado paste with shampoo.